YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, 17 May 2014

Season 4: Episode 7: Mockingbird

Let's just have that speech again shall we?


'' I did not kill Joffrey, but I wish I had. Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than a thousand lying whores. I wish I was the monster you think I am. I wish I had enough poison for the whole pack of you. I would gladly give my life to watch you all swallow it. I will not give my life for Joffrey's murder. And I know I'll get no justice here, so I'll let the gods decide my fate. I demand a trial by combat!'' -Tyrion

Episode 6 Review
Tyrion never fails to impress and throw a spanner in the works! His father expected him to go quietly to The Wall and join The Nights Watch. He of all people should have known better, especially after bringing Shae to testify against him. If Peter Dinklage doesn't have another Emmy for Best Actor in the bag after that scene then there is something seriously wrong in the world!

Elsewhere across the narrow sea, Dany is learning the downside to being a Queen when she has to sit on a very uncomfortable throne and listen to her people's plea's and queries. Although her story isn't quite as interesting as in the past, at least the creators are moving her story along at a faster pace than in the books.

It's safe to say with Joffrey now dead and gone that Ramsay Snow is the new psycho, with a taste for torture, in town. When Yara comes to rescue her brother her plan goes wrong when she finds the cowering mess Ramsay has turned Theon into.



Episode 7 Preview: Mockingbird
We are going to be left waiting until episode 8 to see how Tyrion's trial by combat goes. However this is when the season starts to get exciting. We might not see a lot of Tyrion in this episode, but believe me for once, Sansa Stark will not fail to impress either.


The official synopsis for next weeks episodes tells us this:

''Tyrion enlists an unlikely ally. Daario entreats Dany to allow him to do what he does best. Jon's warnings about the Wall's vulnerability fall on deaf ears. Brienne follows a new lead on the road with Pod.''


Dany's got a new sexy dress!


Together with the trailer, this gives us a good idea of what's to come in the next episode. It is going to focus on the aftermath of Tyrion's daring demand for trial by combat, as well as highlighting unforeseen dangers for other characters.

''Mockingbird'' see's the return of Gregor Clegane, who we have not seen in a while and is, yet again, played by a new actor. Daario Naharis tries to woo Dany by talking about killing. We get another dose of crazy when Lysa is unhappy with Sansa again!

A rare moment of Sansa looking peaceful and happy!


Game of Thrones airs at 9pm Irish time on Sky Atlantic on Monday 19th May. Unfortunately we have to waitt for Episode 8 too see the outcome of Tyrion's trial by combat!