YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, 29 August 2012

A guide to Game of Thrones

When I finally made myself watch the first season of Game of Thrones I fell in love with it! However I hadn't read the books at this stage and there was a lot of stuff that was very confusing to me. I got even more confused when I started watching season 2! At this stage my sister was hooked on it as well but having the same problem as me in understanding who everyone was and what exactly was going on!

So in the hopes of understanding what was going on I decided too do some research online! I eventually found out everything I needed to know and wasn't confused anymore. However, I did ruin a lot of things for myself. So I thought why not create a place where people who may have the same problem can go to understand things and not ruin story-lines and plots for themselves.


I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to do this yet, whether it be episode by episode, season by season or just a guide to who everyone is and how they are all interlinked! I might even do a bit of everything together.

Now that I've read the books I understand and love it even more, but, because the books have some differences to the tv show I'm not quite sure how to work them in. I might do them in different posts as some people may be reading the books and not want to know what happens in them.


So hopefully within the next week I'll have figured everything out and started posting my guide to the t.v series Game of Thrones and the series of books it's based on A song of Ice and Fire.




Let me know what you think of this idea or if there's anything in particular you'd like me to include in the posts :) 

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come" 
(The line in bold is the line that was in the books but left out in the tv series)